Next week, I’m set to be part of the Melbourne Spring Fashion Week calendar of events. For me, a Think Geek tshirt is as fashionable as I get
So, how does a web and technology enthusiast and the world of fashion go together, I hear you ask? Well, let me explain.
I’m one of a panel of specialists speaking at Fashion Forward. This two and half hour panel will take a look at how fashion bloggers (or any type of blogger really) can best promote their personal brands online.
The session will cover the most effective online marketing techniques to help fashion bloggers promote themselves to fashion labels and readers. I’ll focus on search engine optimisation techniques (SEO), and how getting found in the search engines will organically bring more traffic to your blog, as well as search engine marketing tactics, such as the use of Google AdWords and other paid search options.
Apart from myself, the panel members will include:
- Alyce Cowell (Westfield Insider): Alyce is a blogger, stylist, writer, presenter and media commentator. As the Westfield Insider, she creates content for Westfield’s site, runs their social media channels and hosts events. She also appears on Mornings and The Today Show, and writes for Cosmopolitan and WHO.
- Danielle Castano (stylesnooperdan.com): Danielle works in the Social Media industry, blogging for a leading Australian retail outlet. She holds and Interactive Media degree, and is also a self-taught photographer.
- Liz Tehan (setthat.com): Liz is the founder and director of brand new social commerce website, Set That. The website aims to bring together people and products, thereby making online shopping easier and more inspiring.
Fingers crossed, all attendees will take away some practical hints and strategies on how to build a more commercially successful blog.
All the Event Details:
- Date: Wednesday 2 September
- Time: 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- Venue: Hairy Little Sista, 240 Little Collins St, Melbourne
- Ticket Price: $65
- Information & Tickets: https://thatsmelbourne.com.au/msfw/event/cur_fashionforward