WordPress training seems to be a common question I get via my contact form, so I thought I’d post about an upcoming session taking place over the next few weeks at the Footscray Community Arts Centre. I’ll be hosting training workshops on how to build a website using WordPress, commencing on Tuesday 10 February, the series will include four sessions, finishing on 3 March.
I have designed the training so that it is suitable for anyone interested in learning more about WordPress, even beginners. By the end of the training, you should be able to create your very own WordPress website from scratch.
I plan on covering a number of different topics, including:
- How to configure your website, including choosing a domain name and hosting provider
- The differences (and similarities) between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, and which option you should use
- How the WordPress dashboard works, and how you can use it to create blog posts, static website pages, and even custom menus
- How to upload and insert photos and videos into your posts and pages
- How to choose and install themes and plugins to customise how your website looks and operates
This training course has a limited number of places. The group will be quite small, giving you the opportunity to access personalised training, and ask as many questions as you like. While I have designed this training for beginners, it does require basic computer skills as a pre-requisite.
All the Details:
- When: Every Tuesday night, from 10 February to 3 March
- Time: 6:30pm to 9:00pm
- Where: Footscray Community Arts Centre, 5 Moreland Street, Footscray 3011
- Cost: $150 (or $125 for concession holders) for all four sessions
- What to bring: We will supply both Mac and Windows computers, but feel free to bring your own laptop if you prefer
For more information, visit: http://footscrayarts.com/event/create-website-term-1/
How to Book:
Places are limited, so make sure you book early via: http://www.trybooking.com/Booking/BookingEventSummary.aspx?eid=71518&embed=71518